Aurora – Oklo Application
||Oklo Power LLC.
||Application for a custom combined license for a compact fast micro-reactor.
||March 11, 2020 (date of application submittal)
||Idaho National Laboratory
The staff of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has ended its review of the Oklo Aurora custom combined license application. The staff has denied the application, without prejudice, as documented in the NRC’s January 6, 2022 letter to Oklo . As a result of this action, this web page will not longer be updated.
||Compact fast reactor that builds on the Experimental Breeder Reactor-II and space reactor legacy. Heat is transported using heat pipes that function as thermal superconductors.
||Underground. Reactor contained in several layers, including a robust cask-like module.
||4 MWth (~ 1.5 MWe)
||Metallic uranium-zirconium. High Assay Low Enriched Uranium (HALEU)
|Balance of Plant
||Supercritical CO2 Power Conversion System
For additional detail, see the following related pages:
- Application Documents
- March 27, 2020 Press Release
- January 6, 2022 Press Release
- TO LOCATE OKLO PUBLIC ADAMS DOCUMENTS ENTER THE FOLLOWING DOCKET NUMBERS IN THE "ADVANCED SEARCH" "DOCUMENT PROPERTIES" FIELD:
- Oklo pre-application – April 1, 2016 – December 31, 2017 Docket PROJ0823
- Oklo pre-application – January 1, 2018 – June 5, 2020 Docket 99902046
- Oklo application review – June 6, 2020 – present Docket 05200049
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Tuesday, January 25, 2022