W18 Making a Global Impact—Women in International Nuclear Policy Making
In observance of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, the Office of International Programs and the Federal Women’s Program Advisory Council will jointly host a panel to highlight the roles that women are playing in international nuclear policy and engagement activities.
This panel will personify the benefits of applying diverse viewpoints in international decision and policy making—an area in which women have been historically underrepresented. Panelists will discuss their contributions to international nuclear policy through their work liaising with multilateral and bilateral partners, negotiating nuclear trade deals and conventions, and participating in and influencing executive branch policy development initiatives. Panelists will describe their career paths and share guidance on how to get involved in international engagement. This panel will also highlight the importance of the NRC’s role in supporting both domestic and international security and nonproliferation objectives through cooperation and assistance activities.
- Stephanie Archie, Administrative Assistant, OEDO/NRC
- Introductory Remarks
Nader Mamish, Director, Office of International Programs, NRC
- Margaret Doane, Deputy Director General and Head of Managment, International Atomic Energy Agency
- Laura Dudes, Regional Administrator, RII/NRC
- Kamishan Martin, Human Factors Engineer, Human Factors Team, Operator Licensing & Human Factors Branch, Division of Reactor Oversight, NRR/NRC
- Andrea Ferkile, Director for the Office of Nonproliferation Policy, National Nuclear Security Administration, U.S. Department of Energy
- Joyce Connery, Chair, Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
- Molly Keefe-Forsyth, Safety Culture Program Manager, Reactor Assessment Branch, Division of Reactor Oversight, NRR/NRC
- Justin Vazquez, Reactor Operations Engineer (Human Factors), Operator Licensing and Human Factors Branch, Division of Reactor Oversight, NRR/NRC
- Joanne Savoy, Licensing Assistant, Export Controls and Nonproliferation Branch, OIP/NRC e-mail: Joanne.Savoy@nrc.gov
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, July 27, 2022