Regulatory Information Conference (RIC)
|||NEW! Conference Registration for the RIC is NOW OPEN!|
|||30th Annual RIC -
March 13-15, 2018
|||31st Annual RIC -
March 12-14, 2019
Welcome to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s (NRC’s) Regulatory Information Conference (RIC) web page. This page is intended to provide planning information and updates about the upcoming conference, as well as information on previous RIC events.
We are pleased to announce that the NRC's Annual Regulatory Information Conference (RIC) will be held on March 14-16, 2017, at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, located just off of Rockville Pike (Route 355) and Marinelli Road, at 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, Maryland 20852. This will be our 29th annual RIC – the largest technical meeting sponsored by the NRC – bringing together diverse groups of stakeholders to learn, share, and discuss information on significant and timely nuclear regulatory activities and emerging issues.
NEW! "Online Registration" is NOW OPEN! The RIC is free and open to the public. There is no registration fee but participants must register to attend the conference. All interested in attending the conference are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to register early and online to avoid lines at the conference facility registration service desk.
NEW This Year! New Hotel Parking Garage Under Construction – This is to inform RIC participants that the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center is currently in the process of building a parking garage on the back side of their property. As this construction will impact the number of spaces available during the RIC the hotel is providing the following alternatives for RIC participants:
- Overnight Guests – Will be able to park in the hotel's upper deck parking area at 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD 20852.
- Conference Center Day Guests – Parking will be available to day guests of the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center at a satellite location, a few blocks from the hotel. Satellite parking will be located at 6130 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852. Complimentary shuttle service will be available to transport individuals from the parking location to the conference center and back and will run continuously before, during, and after the RIC as noted below. Please note the following when planning for your parking needs at the RIC:
- Shuttle services will be provided 2 hours prior to start time of the RIC program and end 2 hours after the last scheduled RIC program event. There is no 24-hour parking allowed at the satellite location.
- If you plan on driving to the RIC and using the satellite parking, please schedule extra time in your day to account for shuttle transportation to and from the hotel.
- The cost of satellite parking will be $10.00 per day and does not include in and out privileges.
- You must pay for parking via credit card prior to returning to the satellite parking location. No payments can be made at the satellite location. Payment kiosks will be available on the lower level of the conference center.
- Directions – Please use the links below for driving directions to the satellite parking located at 6130 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852:
|Please check back with us frequently as the detailed conference information below will be posted as it becomes available.|
Throughout the RIC pages you will see icons. The icon is placed directly after an external link to let you know that the link is going to take you away from the USNRC pages.