NRC’s Administrative Assistants support management needs within the Commission itself, and most of its Offices, Regions, Boards and Committees. They function as the hub of communications wherever they are placed.
- Administrative Assistants provide critical administrative, communication and clerical support to managers, supervisors and technical teams.
- They can function as confidential assistants and secretaries.
- Administrative Assistants are the glue that holds activities and projects together with their knowledge of NRC systems and programs and their communication and interpersonal skills.
Quotes from current or former employees in this position:
" You must have great interpersonal skills---you deal
with everybody. NRC is a very welcoming
environment in which to work."
" I love the NRC. The biggest thing for me is flexibility.
NRC is very family-oriented and has very
understanding management. That’s what keeps me
here: a great environment."
- Incumbents have strong editorial and clerical abilities
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, research solutions to administrative challenges and provide support to decision-makers throughout the life of activities and projects
Administrative Assistants range in grade from GG-6-12, depending upon office and geographic location.
Performs administrative and clerical duties such as:
- Maintaining files
- Proofing reports and other documents to align with the NRC Standards and Style Guide
- Managing office workflow to assure that all steps are completed in the correct order and in a timely manner
- Coordinating scheduling and logistics for meetings, ensuring that all supporting materials and necessary IT is in place
- Maintaining and updating Content Management Systems
- Setting administrative priorities to assure timeliness of timekeeping, reporting and scheduling
- Headquarters—Commission, Boards, Committees and Offices, Rockville, MD
- Regions—King of Prussia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Lisle, IL; Arlington, TX
- Technical Training Center—Chattanooga, TN
- Part-time opportunities at nuclear power plants
- Organizational ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage
- Planning ability
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and a strong multi-tasker
- Willingness to learn and implement new knowledges and processes
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members
- Effective listening ability
- Knowledge of Office IT systems, office equipment, computer proficiency (hardware and software), word processing and electronic communication systems
Candidates for Administrative Assistant opportunities can be found in the following types of jobs:
- Personnel Clerk
- Budget Clerk
- Administrative and Clerical Assistant
An Administrative Assistant Position within NRC can serve as a steppingstone towards career mobility.
- Licensing Assistant
- Emergency Response Assistant
- Budget Analyst
- Contracting Specialist
- Government Information Specialist
- Program Management Analyst
- Human Resources Specialist
View Current NRC Vacancies
and explore the possibilities!