How to File a Complaint of Discrimination by a Recipient of NRC Financial Assistance

The Office of Small Business and Civil Rights (SBCR), Civil Rights Program, is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with the following civil rights laws as they relate to recipients of NRC financial assistance:

You may file a complaint with the Office of Small Business and Civil Rights (SBCR) if you believe that you have been discriminated against as a recipient of NRC financial assistance on the following bases:

  • race, color, and national origin (under Title VI);

  • sex (including sexual harassment) (under Title IX);

  • disability (under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act); or

  • age (under the Age Discrimination Act).

You may file a complaint by submitting an email to:

Vonna L. Ordaz, Director
Office of Small Business and Civil Rights
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission

Your complaint should contain the following information:

  • Your name, address, and telephone number;

  • The Name and address of the agency, institution, or department you believe discriminated against you;

  • How, why, and when you believe you were discriminated against, including as much information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination, and the names of the individuals whom you allege discriminated against you, if known; and

  • The names of any persons, if known, that the investigating agency could contact for additional information to support or clarify your allegations.

For questions or comments about the NRC’s Civil Rights programs, please Contact Us.

To top of page