Important Information for Meeting Attendees
Beginning Monday, October 3, 2011, all NRC visitors to the White Flint Complex (WFC) will be required to enter through the recently renovated One White Flint North lobby (OWFN). Only NRC badged employees and contractors will be permitted to use the Two White Flint North (TWFN) entrance. NRC staff will meet visitors in the OWFN lobby waiting area and escort them from there.
The NRC provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting or need a meeting notice or the transcript or other information from a meeting in another format (e.g. braille, large print), please contact Anne Silk, NRC Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator, at Anne.Silk@nrc.gov or call directly at 301-287-0745. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Ten (10) days’ advance notice is requested to try to ensure availability; however, every effort will be made to address a request for reasonable accommodations with less notice.
If you plan to participate in the meeting, in person or otherwise,--
- Meetings are sometimes canceled or rescheduled as a result of unforeseen circumstances. Confirm the meeting date, time, and schedule.
- Notify the meeting contact to verify phone lines and seating are available. Both space and phone lines may be limited and will be available on a first-come basis, and
- If physically attending the meeting, plan to arrive 30 minutes early to allow time for registration and security processing.
- See the COVID-19 Guidance for Visitors to NRC Facilities or NRC-Sponsored Events.
- Be sure to complete the NRC Self Health Assessment.
The NRC's revised meeting policy redefines the categorization system that designates the level of public participation for each staff meeting.
- Observation Meeting: This is a meeting in which attendees will have an opportunity to observe the NRC performing its regulatory function or discussing regulatory issues. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions of the NRC staff or make comments about the issues discussed following the business portion of the meeting, however the NRC is not actively soliciting comments towards regulatory decisions at this meeting.
- Information Meeting with a Question and Answer Session: The purpose of this meeting is for the NRC staff to meet directly with individuals to provide an opportunity to discuss regulatory and technical issues. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions of the NRC staff or make comments about the issues discussed throughout the meeting, however the NRC is not actively soliciting comments towards regulatory decisions at this meeting.
- Comment-Gathering Meeting: The purpose of this meeting is for NRC staff to meet directly with individuals to receive comments from participants on specific NRC decisions and actions to ensure that NRC staff understands their views and concerns.
If you experience difficulty accessing documents related to a meeting, call the appropriate NRC Meeting Contact at the phone number listed or contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) Staff.
For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions About Public Meetings.
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Thursday, May 19, 2022