Guidelines for Use of Photos
The Photo Gallery contains a wide range of free, high-quality photos related to the NRC and its regulatory mission. Unless otherwise indicated, the images are in the public domain and may be reproduced freely.
- Absent explicit notice, NRC images are not copyrighted.
- You may use non-copyrighted NRC photographs or graphics for any purpose, including educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Internet Web pages.
- Some materials may contain a specific Copyright Notice. It is your responsibility to contact the copyright owner and to obtain permission before making use of this material.
- Please acknowledge NRC as the source of NRC material. The credit line should read NRC/<photographer’s name>, or without a photographer’s name, NRC File Photo.
- NRC materials may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by the NRC or by any NRC employee of a commercial product, service or activity, or be used in any other manner that might mislead the public.
- NRC materials may not be sold individually or included in stock photo collections for re-sale.
- NRC materials cannot be used in advertisements.
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Thursday, March 19, 2020