Information Digest, 2016–2017 (NUREG-1350, Volume 28)
On this page:
Download complete document
- NUREG-1350, Volume 28 (PDF – 44.2 MB)
- NRC at a Glance (PDF – 453 MB)
- 2015–2016 Accomplishments and Highlights (PDF – 712 MB)
- Section 1: NRC: An Independent Regulatory Agency (PDF – 4.80 MB)
- Section 2: Nuclear Energy in the U.S. and Worldwide (PDF – 3.87 MB)
- Section 3: Nuclear Reactors (PDF – 7.65 MB)
- Section 4: Nuclear Materials (PDF – 5.11 MB)
- Section 5: Radioactive Waste (PDF – 9.06 MB)
- Section 6: Security and Emergency Preparedness (PDF – 4.19 MB)
- Section 7: Appendices (PDF – 4.48 MB)
- Section 8: Glossary (PDF – 7.92 MB)
- Section 9: Web Link Index (PDF – 3.10 MB)
DatasetsFor the most recent information, go to the Dataset Index Web page.
Manuscript Completed: August 2016
Date Published: September 2016
Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has published the Information Digest annually since 1989. The Information Digest provides information about the agency and the industries it regulates. It describes the agency's responsibilities and activities and provides general information on nuclear-related topics. The Information Digest includes NRC and industry data in an easy-to-read format. Infographics help explain the information with visual aids.
The 2016–2017 Information Digest includes NRC data in the appendices and non-NRC data (i.e., International Atomic Energy Agency, Energy Information Administration, and U.S. Department of Energy data) throughout the publication that is from the August 2015 edition, with the exception of data associated with maps and graphics. The next Information Digest, scheduled for publication in August 2017, will reflect updated data. Going forward, the Digest will remain an annual publication, but data will only be updated every two years. Readers will be directed to the most current and updated information, which is available online.
The NRC reviews the information from industry and international sources but does not independently verify it. The Web Link Index provides sources for more information on major topics. The NRC is the source of all photographs, graphics, and tables unless otherwise noted. All information is final unless otherwise noted. Corrections and updates will appear in the digital version of the publication on the NRC Web site.
The NRC welcomes comments or suggestions on the Information Digest. To submit comments, write to the Office of Public Affairs at U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, or email at OPA.Resource@nrc.gov.