M4 Advanced Reactors: The Future is Now!
Sponsored by the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
The level of interest and activity in nonlight-water advanced reactor designs in the United States is continuing to grow! The DOE has selected two projects for the Advanced Reactor Demonstration Project, and preapplication engagement with the NRC is underway. Participants will discuss the current and future development and deployment of advanced reactors in the United States; how the NRC and DOE are addressing the policy and technical issues related to these new designs; and the ongoing development of new rules for a risk-informed, technology-inclusive regulatory framework for advanced reactors in 10 CFR Part 53 as directed by the Nuclear Energy Innovation and Modernization Act (NEIMA).
- Robert Taylor, Deputy Director for New Reactors, NRR/NRC tel: 301-415-3172, e-mail: Robert.Taylor@nrc.gov
Robert Taylor, Deputy Director for New Reactors, NRR/NRC
- Alice Caponiti, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Reactor Fleet and Advanced Reactor Deployment, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Nuclear Energy
- Ashley Finan, Director, National Reactor Innovation Center, Idaho National Laboratory
J. Clay Sell, Chief Executive Officer, X-Energy, LLC
- Chris Levesque, President and Chief Executive Officer, TerraPower, LLC
- Brad Sawatzke, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Northwest
- Stephen Philpott, Project Manager, Advanced Reactor Policy Branch, Division of Advanced Reactors and Non-Power Production and Utilization Facilities, NRR/NRC tel: 301-415-2365, e-mail: Stephen.Philpott@nrc.gov
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Thursday, August 05, 2021