TH33 What is Risk-Informed Decisionmaking?
This technical discussion will focus on the growing use of risk-informed decision-making in regulatory processes and industry operations. Topics will include licensee experiences implementing recent Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) risk-informed licensing initiatives and the effects on the U.S. commercial nuclear fleet, the NRC's and industry's views of the importance of risk-informed decision-making and efforts we are taking to broaden the definition of risk and incorporate risk-informed decision-making, and insights into how other domestic regulatory agencies and international nuclear agencies are using risk in their regulatory processes.
- Annie Caputo, Commissioner, OCM/AC
Introductory RemarksAnnie Caputo, Commissioner, OCM/AC
- Michael Franovich, Director, Division of Risk Assessment, NRR/NRC
- Gregory Krueger, Senior Technical Advisor, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Michael Johnson, Chief Technologist, Engineering and Technology Directorate, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Petteri Tiippana, Director General, STUK, Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Finland
- Ann Azevedo, Chief Scientist & Technical Advisor, Aircraft Safety Analysis, Federal Aviation Administration
- Michael Levine, Reliability and Risk Analyst, Division of Risk Assessment, NRR/NRC tel: 301-415-5604, e-mail: Michael.Levine@nrc.gov
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Monday, August 26, 2019