NSTS Annual Inventory Reconciliation
10 CFR 20.2207(g) or equivalent Agreement State regulations, require, in part, each licensee to reconcile the inventory of nationally tracked sources possessed by the licensee against the licensee's inventory in the NSTS. The reconciliation must be conducted each year during the month of January. The reconciliation process must include resolving any discrepancies between the NSTS and the actual inventory by filing a report described in paragraphs (a) through (e) of 10 CFR 20.2207 or Agreement State equivalent regulations. By January 31st of every year, licensees possessing Category 1 or Category 2 sources must submit to the NSTS, confirmation that the data in the NSTS is correct.
The Annual Inventory Reconciliation is now virtually paperless. The NRC will no longer mail NSTS inventory reconciliation packages to licensees with "Above Threshold" sources in their NSTS inventory.
Virtually Paperless Annual Inventory Reconciliation Process
ONLINE PROCESS (*FASTEST AND EASIEST)
If you have online access to the NSTS, you can complete your AIR online starting January 1st. If there are discrepancies in your NSTS inventory, correct those first by either submitting the missing transaction reports online or by submitting NRC Form 748. Once discrepancies are resolved, you can confirm your AIR online. Confirming online is simple:
- Login to NSTS. If you do not remember your PIN, contact the NSTS Help Desk at 1-877-671- 6787 or by email at email@example.com.
- On the Main Menu, under Source Management, click on the link for Annual Inventory Reconciliation; the AIR Report will be displayed.
- If the source information in NSTS is in agreement with the sources you possess, click on the "Verify Annual Inventory" button.
- The AIR window will be displayed. Confirm the inventory by inputting the Name of Signer and Date, and then click on the Verify Button.
The confirmation will be displayed and your AIR is complete.
PAPERLESS INVENTORY PROCESS
If you don't have online access to the NSTS, you can complete your AIR through the NSTS Help Desk.
- Contact the NSTS Help Desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy of your inventory for reconciliation. NOTE: You must be the NSTS contact on file with the NRC to request and receive an inventory report.
- The Help Desk will send you by email a copy of your inventory of nationally tracked sources on the date it was created (the date found in the column marked "Activity Date" in the printed inventory), an AIR confirmation form, and an AIR correction form. Compare the inventory sent from the Help Desk to the actual inventory of nationally tracked sources in your possession.
- If there are discrepancies in your NSTS inventory, correct those first by using the AIR Correction Form. Complete and submit the form to the NSTS Help Desk by email or fax. Make sure to include any supporting documentation such as NRC Form 748s for missing transactions or source certificates for changing the make/model/serial number to facilitate processing of your corrections. The NSTS Help Desk/NRC may need to contact you if there are any questions regarding your corrections. The NSTS Help Desk will complete your corrections and provide you with an updated NSTS inventory via email.
- If there are no discrepancies, you can confirm your AIR by using the AIR Confirmation Form. Submit the form to the NSTS Help Desk for processing. The NSTS Help Desk will send you a confirmation email when the form has been received and another confirmation email when the form has been processed. If the form is received and processed in the same business day, only one confirmation email will be sent.
- Confirmations will be sent by email to the email address provided on the AIR Confirmation Form. Upon confirmation from the NSTS Help Desk, your AIR is complete.
Please NOTE: Inventory information will only be sent to license contacts on file with the NRC.
If you have any questions or need clarification on any step of the AIR process, check out the NSTS AIR Frequently Asked Questions or contact the NSTS Help Desk at 1-877-671-6787 or email@example.com.
 If the licensee does not have an email address, the NSTS Help Desk will mail a paper copy of the inventory, instructions on how to complete the air by mail, AIR confirmation form, and AIR correction form.
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Tuesday, December 07, 2021