Privacy Act Statement for FOIA Requests
Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552(e)(3), enacted into law by Section 3 of the Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-579), the following statement is furnished to individuals who supply information to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) on the electronic Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request form through NRC's Web site. This information will be maintained in a system of records designated as NRC-10, described at 81 Federal Register 81328 (November 17, 2016), or the most recent Federal Register publication of the NRC's "Republication of Systems of Records Notices" that is located in NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS).
1. AUTHORITY: 5 U.S.C. 552 and 552a; 42 U.S.C. 2201, as amended; 10 CFR part 9.
2. PRINCIPAL PURPOSE(S): To request information from the NRC pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.
3. ROUTINE USE(S): Information in these records may be used if an appeal or court suit is filed with respect to any records denied and for the preparation of reports required by 5 U.S.C. 552 and 5 U.S.C. 552a. The information may also be disclosed to an appropriate Federal, State, local or Foreign agency in the event the information indicates a violation of law and in the course of an administrative or judicial proceeding. In addition, this information may be transferred to an appropriate Federal, State, local and Foreign agency to the extent relevant and necessary for an NRC decision about you or to the extent relevant and necessary for that agency's decision about you. Information may also be disclosed, in the course of discovery under a protective order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, and in presenting evidence, to a Congressional office to respond to their inquiry made at your request, or to NRC-paid experts, consultants, and others under contract with the NRC, on a need-to-know basis. Some of the FOIA records are placed in the NRC Public document Room and/or made available to the public on the NRC Web site.
4. WHETHER DISCLOSURE IS MANDATORY OR VOLUNTARY AND EFFECT ON INDIVIDUAL OF NOT PROVIDING INFORMATION: Disclosing the requested information is mandatory. Not providing the requested information may result in the inability to process your request.
5. SYSTEM MANAGER AND ADDRESS: FOIA/PA Specialist, Information Services Branch, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, March 24, 2021