§ 76.39 Public meeting.
(a) A public meeting will be held on an application for renewal if the Director, in his or her discretion, determines that a meeting is in the public interest with respect to a decision on the application for renewal.
(b) Conduct of public meeting.
(1) The Director shall conduct any public meeting held on the application for renewal.
(2) Public meetings will take place near the locale of the subject plant, unless otherwise specified by the Director.
(3) A public meeting will be open to all interested members of the public and be conducted as deemed appropriate by the Director.
(4) Members of the public will be given an opportunity during a public meeting to make their views regarding the application for renewal known to the Director.
(5) A transcript will be kept of each public meeting.
(6) No Restricted Data, Classified National Security Information, Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information, Safeguards Information, Proprietary Data, or other withholdable information may be introduced at the meeting.
[59 FR 48960, Sept. 23, 1994, as amended at 64 FR 44649, Aug. 17, 1999]
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Tuesday, August 29, 2017