§ 60.72 Construction records.
(a) DOE shall maintain records of construction of the geologic repository operations area in a manner that ensures their useability for future generations in accordance with § 60.51(a)(2).
(b) The records required under paragraph (a) shall include at least the following:
(1) Surveys of the underground facility excavations, shafts, and boreholes referenced to readily identifiable surface features or monuments;
(2) A description of the materials encountered;
(3) Geologic maps and geologic cross sections;
(4) Locations and amount of seepage;
(5) Details of equipment, methods, progress, and sequence of work;
(6) Construction problems;
(7) Anomalous conditions encountered;
(8) Instrument locations, readings, and analysis;
(9) Location and description of structural support systems;
(10) Location and description of dewatering systems; and
(11) Details, methods of emplacement, and location of seals used.
[48 FR 28222, June 21, 1983, as amended at 53 FR 19251, May 27, 1988]
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, March 24, 2021