§ 36.83 Reports.
(a) In addition to the reporting requirements in other parts of NRC regulations, the licensee shall report the following events if not reported under other parts of NRC regulations:
(1) Source stuck in an unshielded position.
(2) Any fire or explosion in a radiation room.
(3) Damage to the source racks.
(4) Failure of the cable or drive mechanism used to move the source racks.
(5) Inoperability of the access control system.
(6) Detection of radiation source by the product exit monitor.
(7) Detection of radioactive contamination attributable to licensed radioactive material.
(8) Structural damage to the pool liner or walls.
(9) Abnormal water loss or leakage from the source storage pool.
(10) Pool water conductivity exceeding 100 microsiemens per centimeter.
(b) The report must include a telephone report within 24 hours as described in § 30.50(c)(1), and a written report within 30 days as described in § 30.50(c)(2).
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Tuesday, August 29, 2017