§ 35.14 Notifications.
(a) A licensee shall provide the Commission, no later than 30 days after the date that the licensee permits an individual to work under the provisions of § 35.13(b) as an authorized user, authorized medical physicist, ophthalmic physicist, or authorized nuclear pharmacist—
(1) A copy of the board certification and, as appropriate, verification of completion of:
(i) Training for the authorized medical physicist under § 35.51(c);
(ii) Any additional case experience required in § 35.390(b)(1)(ii)(G) for an authorized user under § 35.300; or
(iii) Device specific training in § 35.690(c) for the authorized user under § 35.600; or
(2) A copy of the Commission or Agreement State license, the permit issued by a Commission master material licensee, the permit issued by a Commission or Agreement State licensee of broad scope, the permit issued by a Commission master material license broad scope permittee, or documentation that only accelerator-produced radioactive materials, discrete sources of radium-226, or both, were used for medical use or in the practice of nuclear pharmacy at a Government agency or Federally recognized Indian Tribe before November 30, 2007, or at all other locations of use before August 8, 2009, or an earlier date as noticed by the NRC for each individual whom the licensee permits to work under the provisions of this section.
(b) A licensee shall notify the Commission no later than 30 days after:
(1) An authorized user, an authorized nuclear pharmacist, a Radiation Safety Officer, an Associate Radiation Safety Officer, an authorized medical physicist, or ophthalmic physicist permanently discontinues performance of duties under the license or has a name change;
(2) The licensee permits an individual qualified to be a Radiation Safety Officer under §§ 35.50 and 35.59 to function as a temporary Radiation Safety Officer and to perform the functions of a Radiation Safety Officer in accordance with § 35.24(c);
(3) The licensee's mailing address changes;
(4) The licensee's name changes, but the name change does not constitute a transfer of control of the license as described in § 30.34(b) of this chapter;
(5) The licensee has added to or changed the areas of use identified in the application or on the license where byproduct material is used in accordance with either § 35.100 or § 35.200 if the change does not include addition or relocation of either an area where PET radionuclides are produced or a PET radioactive drug delivery line from the PET radionuclide/PET radioactive drug production area; or
(6) The licensee obtains a sealed source for use in manual brachytherapy from a different manufacturer or with a different model number than authorized by its license for which it did not require a license amendment as provided in § 35.13(i). The notification must include the manufacturer and model number of the sealed source, the isotope, and the quantity per sealed source.
(c) The licensee shall send the documents required in this section to the appropriate address identified in § 30.6 of this chapter.
[68 FR 58805, Oct. 10, 2003; 70 FR 16361, Mar. 20, 2005; 71 FR 15008, Mar. 27, 2006; 72 FR 55930 Oct. 1, 2007; 83 FR 33103, Jul. 16, 2018]
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, January 16, 2019