Discussion Of Lessons Learned Short Term Requirements (Generic Letter 79-60)
NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20555
November 9, 1979
TO ALL PENDING OPERATING LICENSE APPLICANTS
SUBJECT: DISCUSSION OF LESSONS LEARNED SHORT TERM REQUIREMENTS
On September 27, 1979, you received a letter which defined a set of "short
term" requirements resulting from the NRC staff investigations of the TMI
accident. Since the letter was issued, the staff has further defined these
Enclosure 1 provides the additional clarifications of the NRC staff
requirements as provided to licensees of operating reactors. Enclosure 2
provides a list of modifications to these clarifications to make them
applicable to applicants for operating licenses, applicants for construction
permits and licensees of plants under construction. It should be noted that
the intent of these requirements and the purpose of our letter of September
27, 1979 have not changed.
If you have any questions regarding these actions, please contact the NRC
Project Manager for your facility.
D. R. Vassallo, Acting Director Division
of Project Management Office of Nuclear
Discussion of TMI Lessons Learned
Short Term Requirements
UNDER OL REVIEW
1. Farely Alabama Power Company
2. Byron/Braidwood Commonwealth Edison
3. LaSalle "
4. Zion "
5. Midland Consumers Power
6. Greenwood Detroit Edison
7. Catawba Duke Power Company
8. McGuire "
9. So. Texas Houston Lighting & Power
10. Shoreham Long Island Lighting
11. Waterford Louisiana Power & Light
12. Grand Gulf Mississippi Power & Light
13. Ohio Edison Company
14. Diablo Canyon Pacific Gas & Electric
15. Susquehana Pennsylvania Power & Light
16. Salem 2 Public Service Gas & Electric
17. Summer So. Carolina Electric & Gas
18. San Onofre So. California Edison
San Diego Gas & Electric Co.
19. Bellefonte Tennessee Valley Authority
20. Watts Bar "
21. Sequoyah "
22. Comanche Peak Texas Utilities Generating
23. Toledo Edison
24. North Anna 2 Virginia Electric & Power
25. WPPSS-2 Washington P. O. S. S.
26. Fermi Detroit Edison
27. Zimmer Cincinnati Gas & Electric
with Application for OL
Pressurized Water Reactors
with application for OL
Boiling Water Reactors
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Thursday, March 25, 2021