Note to Editors: ACRS Reports Received
| ||NRC NEWS|
U. S. NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
|Office of Public Affairs ||Telephone: 301/415-8200|
|Washington, DC 20555-001 ||E-mail: email@example.com |
March 30, 1999
NOTE TO EDITORS:
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has received several reports from its Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards following the Committee's meeting March 10-13. The reports provide comments on:
- Application of Westinghouse best-estimate, loss-of-coolant accident analysis methodology to upper plenum injection plants;
- Guidance memorandum for implementation of the revised enforcement policy;
- Proposed amendment to 10 CFR 50.72, immediate notification and 50.73, licensee event reporting system;
- Core research capabilities;
- Lessons learned from the ACRS Review of the Westinghouse AP600 Design;
- Degraded switchyard voltage issues at the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station Units 1, 2 and 3;
- SECY 99-054, "Plans for final rule - revisions to 10CFR Parts 50, 52, and 72: Requirements concerning changes, tests and experiments;"
- Proposed American Society of Mechanical Engineers standard for probabilistic risk assessment for nuclear power plant applications (phase 1).
Copies of the reports are available through the NRC's Office of Public Affairs, the NRC's homepage (www.nrc.gov/ACRSACNW) and the Public Document Room.
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Thursday, March 25, 2021