§ 2.1327 Application for a stay of the effectiveness of NRC staff action on license transfer.
(a) Any application for a stay of the effectiveness of the NRC staff's order on the license transfer application shall be filed with the Commission within 5 days of the issuance of the notice of staff action pursuant to § 2.1316(a).
(b) An application for a stay must be no longer than 10 pages, exclusive of affidavits, and must contain:
(1) A concise summary of the action which is requested to be stayed; and
(2) A concise statement of the grounds for a stay, with reference to the factors specified in paragraph (d) of this section.
(c) Within 10 days after service of an application for a stay under this section, any participant may file an answer supporting or opposing the granting of a stay. Answers must be no longer than 10 pages, exclusive of affidavits, and should concisely address the matters in paragraph (b) of this section, as appropriate. No further replies to answers will be entertained.
(d) In determining whether to grant or deny an application for a stay, the Commission will consider:
(1) Whether the requestor will be irreparably injured unless a stay is granted;
(2) Whether the requestor has made a strong showing that it is likely to prevail on the merits;
(3) Whether the granting of a stay would harm other participants; and
(4) Where the public interest lies.