§ 60.46 Particular activities requiring license amendment.
(a) Unless expressly authorized in the license, an amendment of the license shall be required with respect to any of the following activities:
(1) Any action which would make emplaced high-level radioactive waste irretrievable or which would substantially increase the difficulty of retrieving such emplaced waste.
(2) Dismantling of structures.
(3) Removal or reduction of controls applied to restrict access to or avoid disturbance of the controlled area and to areas outside the postclosure controlled area where conditions may affect isolation within the controlled area.
(4) Destruction or disposal of records required to be maintained under the provisions of this part.
(5) Any substantial change to the design or operating procedures from that specified in the license.
(6) Permanent closure.
(7) Any other activity involving an unreviewed safety question.
(b) An application for such an amendment shall be filed, and shall be reviewed, in accordance with the provisions of § 60.45.
[46 FR 13980, Feb. 25, 1981, as amended at 48 FR 28221, June 21, 1983; 61 FR 64268, Dec. 4, 1996]
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, March 24, 2021