§ 2.1309 Notice of oral hearing.
(a) A notice of oral hearing will—
(1) State the time, place, and issues to be considered;
(2) Provide names and addresses of participants,
(3) Specify the time limit for participants and others to indicate whether they wish to present views;
(4) Specify the schedule for the filing of written testimony, statements of position, proposed questions for the presiding officer to consider, and rebuttal testimony consistent with the schedule provisions of § 2.1321.
(5) Specify that the oral hearing shall commence within 15 days of the date for submittal of rebuttal testimony unless otherwise ordered;
(6) State any other instructions the Commission deems appropriate;
(7) If so determined by the NRC staff or otherwise directed by the Commission, direct that the staff participate as a party with respect to some or all issues.
(b) If the Commission is not the presiding officer, the notice of oral hearing will also state:
(1) When the jurisdiction of the presiding officer commences and terminates;
(2) The powers of the presiding officer;
(3) Instructions to the presiding officer to certify promptly the completed hearing record to the Commission without a recommended or preliminary decision.
[77 FR 46587, Aug. 3, 2012]
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Monday, July 30, 2018