Electronic Submittals Application
On Monday evening, May 11th, the NRC will introduce and new submission form tehnology for the General submissions workflow. The new forms will simplify system interactions and require no changes to users' normal operating routine or configuration.
If you need a new certificate go to this link: Request a Certificate and select the option to which you wish access. The site will walk you through the process. After you complete the process the NRC system manager will review and approve your request and you’ll receive an e-mail with instruction on the steps necessary to install your certificate.
Please direct questions to the Help Desk at: 866-672-7640.
The Electronic Submittals application allows electronic transmission of information to the NRC pertaining to licensing actions, associated hearings, and other regulatory matters. The application ensures that information sent to the NRC via the Internet is secure and unaltered during transmission. For other communications with the NRC, see our Contact Us page.
The Electronic Submittals application operates 24 hours daily except when the application must be taken down for scheduled maintenance. System operators will post a notice on the Electronic Submittals home page whenever a scheduled outage is planned.
Users new to the Electronic Submittals application or in need of instructions should select the link below before accessing their applicable system:
Electronic Submission Systems
The Electronic Submittals application supports three separate systems. Users may access their applicable system by selecting from among the following links:
Adjudicatory submissions – Used for filings made to the Commission or Atomic Safety and Licensing Board proceedings
Criminal History – The NRC has deployed a new Criminal History submissions application to support enhanced security requirements and improve information flow between submitters and the NRC. The new application will require installation of an Active X plug in to enable digital signing of submissions. Instructions on how to install it are available in the Criminal History Quick Start Guide. There is also a Criminal History Users' Guide available at this location: Criminal History Users' Guide. The fee, subject to periodic adjustment, is currently $26.00 per check requested.
General submissions – Used for transmitting reports or other electronic filings to the NRC. Licensees who wish to use electronic submissions to satisfy 10 CFR Part 26 reporting requirements (Fitness for Duty) should use the General submissions portal. Before submitting FFD reports, please read the FFD reporting information at: Answers about FFD
Electronic Submission for Licensing Applications
These tools support the Licensing Applicants with their preparation of electronic application submissions that are composed of large numbers of documents. This is done with several components that work in conjunction with each other, both at the local Applicant site as well as internally at the NRC. For the use of these tools, it is essential that the Applicant closely coordinate their actions with their internal NRC Project Manager/Point of Contact. Close coordination is strongly recommended in preparation for the use of this electronic application submission option. It is also very likely that when downloading and installing these tools on a local workstation, the operator will be required to have "Administrator" privileges to complete these actions.
Electronic Submission Components:
- Packing Slip Wizard – is the tool used by the Applicant, locally, to prepare an electronic application submission of a Design Control Document, Early Site Permit, Operating License or other large application to the NRC. This tool generates the application submission’s Packing Slip (i.e., a detailed description/manifest of the contents of the submission media).
- PSW 3.1 – Windows XP; MS Office 2007
- PSW 3.2 – Windows 7; MS Office 2007
- PSW 5.0 – Windows 7; MS Office 2010 (64 bit) – Latest version!
- Packing Slip Template– is the latest version of a complementary file used by both the Packing Slip Wizard tool (locally at the Applicant site) and the application Submission Registration Template tool (internally at the NRC). The references used by the Packing Slip Wizard and the Submission Registration Template must match precisely.
Packing Slip Template local installation instructions
- Packing Slip Wizard User's Guide – instructions for using the Wizard tool to prepare the Packing Slip that must accompany every electronic application submission.