Electronic Submittals Application
On Thursday evening, Sept 1, the NRC installed a new version of the Electronic Information Exchange General Submission system. We made the change to improve system security and efficiency. The new version does not change the functioning of the system in any way.
The new system is on line now.
• As result of this upgrade the address of system has changed. You may reach the new site through the following link 'General Submissions' or through the identical 'General Submissions' link in the text to the left of this banner. We recommend that users bookmark this address to facilitate future site access.
• Upon first access to the system users may experience a 30+ second delay as the application loads. Future attempts will load much more quickly.
If you have questions or comments please contact our Help Desk at 866-672-7640
The Electronic Submittals application allows electronic transmission of information to the NRC pertaining to licensing actions, associated hearings, and other regulatory matters. The application ensures that information sent to the NRC via the Internet is secure and unaltered during transmission. For other communications with the NRC, see our Contact Us page.
The Electronic Submittals application operates 24 hours daily except when the application must be taken down for scheduled maintenance. System operators will post a notice on the Electronic Submittals home page whenever a scheduled outage is planned.
Users new to the Electronic Submittals application or in need of instructions should select the link below before accessing their applicable system:
Electronic Submission Systems
The Electronic Submittals application supports three separate systems. Users may access their applicable system by selecting from among the following links:
Adjudicatory submissions – Used for filings made to the Commission or Atomic Safety and Licensing Board proceedings
General submissions – Used for transmitting reports or other electronic filings to the NRC. Licensees who wish to use electronic submissions to satisfy 10 CFR Part 26 reporting requirements (Fitness for Duty) should use the General submissions portal. Before submitting FFD reports, please read the FFD reporting information at: Answers about FFD
Criminal History – The NRC has deployed a new Criminal History submissions application to support enhanced security requirements and improve information flow between submitters and the NRC. The fee, subject to periodic adjustment, is currently $26.00 per check requested.
Firearms Background Check – Under Section 161A of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, NRC licensees who have been approved for "combined enhanced weapons authority and preemption authority" or "stand-alone preemption authority" are required to conduct firearms background checks on their security personnel whose official duties require access to covered weapons (including enhanced weapons). Licensees are required to submit identifying information and fingerprints to the NRC to accomplish these checks. The fee for processing a firearms background check is currently $70.00 per check requested. This fee is subject to periodic adjustment. Note: The fee includes submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s e-NICS database and NCIC databases (for a Criminal History Records Check).
However, the NRC is currently developing a final rule that implements Section 161A, which will permit the electronic submission of these firearms background checks to the NRC. Therefore, pending the publication of this final rule, the NRC has issued Confirmatory Orders to several licensees approving their application for "stand-alone preemption authority." Under these Orders, the affected licensees may only submit firearms background checks via hardcopy. The fee for processing firearms background checks via hardcopy is also $70.00 per requested check.
Electronic Submission for Licensing Applications
These tools support the Licensing Applicants with their preparation of electronic application submissions that are composed of large numbers of documents. This is done with several components that work in conjunction with each other, both at the local Applicant site as well as internally at the NRC. For the use of these tools, it is essential that the Applicant closely coordinate their actions with their internal NRC Project Manager/Point of Contact. Close coordination is strongly recommended in preparation for the use of this electronic application submission option. It is also very likely that when downloading and installing these tools on a local workstation, the operator will be required to have "Administrator" privileges to complete these actions.
Electronic Submission Components:
- Packing Slip Wizard – is the tool used by the Applicant, locally, to prepare an electronic application submission of a Design Control Document, Early Site Permit, Operating License or other large application to the NRC. This tool generates the application submission’s Packing Slip (i.e., a detailed description/manifest of the contents of the submission media).
- PSW 3.1 – Windows XP; MS Office 2007
- PSW 3.2 – Windows 7; MS Office 2007
- PSW 5.0 – Windows 7; MS Office 2010 (64 bit) – Latest version!
- Packing Slip Template– is the latest version of a complementary file used by both the Packing Slip Wizard tool (locally at the Applicant site) and the application Submission Registration Template tool (internally at the NRC). The references used by the Packing Slip Wizard and the Submission Registration Template must match precisely.
Packing Slip Template local installation instructions
- Packing Slip Wizard User's Guide – instructions for using the Wizard tool to prepare the Packing Slip that must accompany every electronic application submission.