The NRC awards a wide variety of contracts to commercial firms, non-profit organizations and universities each year. The NRC buys a broad range of products and services, including technical assistance and research in nuclear fields, information technology, facility management and administrative support.
FY 2015 Service Contract Reporting
On December 31, 2013, the Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council issued a rule, effective January 30, 2014, requiring contractors to begin reporting the total amount invoiced and the direct labor hours expended on the services performed under certain contracts. These changes are required by section 743 of Division C of the FY 2010 Consolidated Appropriations Act (P.L. 111-117).
The information is collected through the System for Award Management (SAM) and included in the agency service contract inventory. Contractors are encouraged to review the Fact Sheet in the link below and to make note of reporting dates and deliverables to ensure their compliance with the law and regulation.
As required by the Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Consolidated Appropriations Act, P.L. 111-117, NRC's service contract inventories and inventory analyses are provided below:
- FY2014 Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2014 Agency Service Contract Inventory Supplement: PDF | Excel
- FY2014 Appendix C – Inventory Summary: PDF | Excel
- FY2014 Special Interest Function for Analysis: PDF | Word
- FY2013 Service Contract Inventory Analysis: PDF | Word
- FY2013 Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2013 Summary of the Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2012 Analysis of the Service Contract Inventory
- FY2012 Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2012 Summary of the Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2011 Analysis of the Service Contract Inventory
- FY2011 Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2011 Summary of the Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2010 Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2010 Summary of the Service Contract Inventory: PDF | Excel
- FY2010 Analysis of the Service Contract Inventory
The NRC also conducts a review of commercial activities performed in-house and identifies staffing resources, indentified as full time equivalents (FTEs) associated with those activities with those activities in the following inventories:
- FY 2013 Inventory of Commercial Activities and Inherently Governmental Functions
- FY 2012 Inventory of Commercial Activities and Inherently Governmental Functions
The NRC is committed to increasing dialogue with the vendor community. Our Vendor Communication Plan outlines our initiatives to promote vendor communications.
Green Purchasing Plan
NRC’s Green Purchasing Plan helps to ensure that green products and services will be procured to the maximum extent practicable. The goal of the plan is to facilitate purchases that benefit human health and the environment while reducing the agency’s carbon footprint and reliance on any products or services that are less friendly to the environment.
For more information about Contracting Opportunities, review the following information: