Reference Materials for Electronic Submissions
The information on this web page is designed to assist users in submitting documents electonically to the NRC.
- Guidance for Electronic Submissions to the NRC, Revision 6.1
New Computer Security Upgrades
The NRC must install and employ a stronger encryption method for user communications with the Federal Government. The upgrade must be in place and functioning not later than the deadline of December 31, 2013. The ability to communicate with the new standard relies on three components:
An upgraded digital certificate (which will be provided as soon as they are available)
An internet browser installed on your computer that will accommodate the new encryption method. This new communication method is referred to as TLS 1.2
An operating system installed on your computer that will work in conjunction with an acceptable browser and the new certificate.
If you do not already know your configuration you can select the following link (My System). This will display a window that lists your operating system and browser information. If you choose, you may send this information to the NRC by selecting the "Send an e-mail" button at the bottom of the window. At a minimum, it is recommended that you save the display for yourself in case you need the information later.
The following table, extracted from a Wikipedia article on September 9, 2013, shows the
browser/operating system combinations that currently support the TLS 1.2 method:
You should be aware that vendors are continually upgrading their products and it is anticipated that new versions of existing browsers and operating systems will be in place to satisfy the TLS 1.2 standard prior to the December 31, 2013 deadline. This page will be updated to reflect new information as it becomes available.
- Video clips to assist users in preparing PDFs in compliance with NRC guidelines. This Video clip includes the following:
- Download Distiller & Preflight profiles
- Convert MS-Word document to PDF
- Convert WordPerfect document to PDF
- Preflight - Verification & Documentation testing
- Simplified PDF Document Submittal Checklist as of 02/01/2010
- E-Submittal Glossary
- Desk Reference Guide for PDF Document Generation - Acrobat v. 9.0 as of 02/01/2010
- Desk Reference Guide for PDF Document Generation