Analysis of Public Comments on the Revised License Renewal Guidance Documents (NUREG-1832)
On this page:
Download complete document
This page includes links to files in non-HTML format. See Plugins, Viewers, and Other Tools for more information.
Manuscript Completed: September 2005
Date Published: September 2005
Division of Regulatory Improvement Programs
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
This report contains the staff’s analysis of the comments received on the draft license renewal guidance (LRG) documents. These LRG documents consist of:
- Draft Generic Aging Lessons Learned (GALL) Report (NUREG-1801), Revision 1;
- Draft Standard Review Plan for License Renewal (NUREG-1800), Revision 1; and
- Draft Regulatory Guide DG-1104, “Standard Format and Content for Applications to Renew Nuclear Power Plant Operating Licenses.”
The staff proposed to update these LRG documents, which were previously
published in 2001
(each of which is referred to as Revision 0). The draft revisions of these LRG documents were
issued for public comment on February 1, 2005 (70 FR 5254).
The staff’s analysis of these comments is presented in a tabular format and contained in the following appendices:
- Appendix A addresses comments submitted by NEI;
- Appendix B addresses comments from the Advisory Committee on Reactor Safety;
- Appendix C addresses comments from the participants at the license
workshop held on March 2, 2005;
- Appendix D addresses comments submitted by various stakeholders,
such as the Union of
Concerned Scientists, utilities, and private citizens; and
- Appendix E is a comparison of unique aging management review (AMR)
line-items in the
September 2005 revision of the GALL Report, to that presented in the January 2005
Draft Revision of the GALL Report issued for public comment.
No comments were received on DG-1140, "Standard Format and Content for Applications to Renew Nuclear Power Plant Operating Licenses," dated January 2005.
The September 2005 version of these LRG documents (referred to as Revision 1) incorporated changes to the draft revision based on the information contained in this report.