Background on Radiation and Material
On this page:
- Title 10 Code of Federal Regulations (NRC)
- Atomic Energy Act of 1954 as amended
- Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Other NRC Security Orders
- NRC - Congressional Correspondence
- DOE/NRC Report: Radiological Dispersal Devices
- IAEA Categorization of Radioactive Material
- IAEA Code of Conduct for the Safety & Security of Radioactive Material
Medical, Industrial, and Academic Uses of Nuclear Material. Definitions, questions and answers, and more.
Byproduct Material page. Definition and regulation.
Backgrounder on Byproduct Material. More on the categories, uses, and their regulation.
Radiation Protection. Expanded definition of radiation, description of sources, health effects, frequently asked questions, and information for radiation workers.
Radiation Protection (Environmental Protection Agency) . Understanding radiation, awareness, health, glossary, and more.
Health Physics Society . Definitions, Ask the experts (Radiation Q&A), and more…
To learn more about uses of material, see our Medical, Industrial, and Academic Uses of Nuclear Materials web page.
- NRC - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- NRC - Fact Sheet on Dirty Bombs (RDDs)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Are you ready? - RDD
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Radiation