§ 63.72 Construction records.
(a) DOE shall maintain records of construction of the geologic repository operations area at the Yucca Mountain site in a manner that ensures their usability for future generations in accordance with § 63.51(a)(3).
(b) The records required under paragraph (a) of this section must include at least the following--
(1) Surveys of the underground facility excavations, shafts, ramps, and boreholes referenced to readily identifiable surface features or monuments;
(2) A description of the materials encountered;
(3) Geologic maps and geologic cross-sections;
(4) Locations and amount of seepage;
(5) Details of equipment, methods, progress, and sequence of work;
(6) Construction problems;
(7) Anomalous conditions encountered;
(8) Instrument locations, readings, and analysis;
(9) Location and description of structural support systems;
(10) Location and description of dewatering systems;
(11) Details, methods of emplacement, and location of seals used; and
(12) Facility design records (e.g, design specifications and "as built" drawings).