§ 26.61 Self-disclosure and employment history.
(a) Before granting authorization, the licensee or other entity shall ensure that a written self-disclosure and employment history has been obtained from the individual who is applying for authorization, except as follows:
(1) If an individual previously held authorization under this part, and the licensee or other entity has verified that the individual's last period of authorization was terminated favorably, and the individual has been subject to a behavioral observation program that includes arrest reporting, which meets the requirements of this part, throughout the period since the individual's last authorization was terminated, the granting licensee or other entity need not obtain the self-disclosure or employment history in order to grant authorization; and
(2) If the individual's last period of authorization was terminated favorably within the past 30 days, the licensee or other entity need not obtain the employment history.
(b) The written self-disclosure must—
(1) State whether the individual has—
(i) Violated a licensee's or other entity's FFD policy;
(ii) Had authorization denied or terminated unfavorably under §§ 26.35(c)(2), 26.53(i), 26.63(d), 26.65(g), 26.67(c), 26.69(f), or 26.75(b) through (e);
(iii) Used, sold, or possessed illegal drugs;
(iv) Abused legal drugs or alcohol;
(v) Subverted or attempted to subvert a drug or alcohol testing program;
(vi) Refused to take a drug or alcohol test;
(vii) Been subject to a plan for substance abuse treatment (except for self-referral); or (viii) Had legal action or employment action, as defined in § 26.5, taken for alcohol or drug use;
(2) Address the specific type, duration, and resolution of any matter disclosed, including, but not limited to, the reason(s) for any unfavorable termination or denial of authorization; and
(3) Address the shortest of the following periods:
(i) The past 5 years;
(ii) Since the individual's eighteenth birthday; or
(iii) Since the individual's last period of authorization was terminated, if authorization was terminated favorably within the past 3 years.
(c) The individual shall provide a list of all employers, including the employer by whom the individual claims to have been employed on the day before he or she completes the employment history, if any, with dates of employment, for the shortest of the following periods:
(1) The past 3 years;
(2) Since the individual's eighteenth birthday; or
(3) Since authorization was last terminated, if authorization was terminated favorably within the past 3 years.
[73 FR 17190 Mar. 31, 2008]