Alternate Methods of Reporting
As set forth in the Final Rule, licensees have several options for reporting transaction information to the National Source Tracking System (NSTS). In addition to online reporting, licensees may report transactions for inclusion in the NSTS by completing the National Source Tracking Transaction Report NRC Form 748, and submitting it by email or fax with a cover sheet to 1-888-821-2534.
Licensees may also report by telephone to the NSTS Help Desk, with follow-up by email, fax, or mail.
NRC Form 748
- Transfer: Complete this form only for source transfers.
- Receipt: Complete this form only for source receipts.
- Disposal: This form should only be used by licensees authorized for final disposal of sources.
- New Manufactured Source: This form should only be used by manufacturers. Licensees receiving a newly manufactured source should report this as a "Receipt" using the link above.
- Import: Complete this form only for source imports.
- Export: Complete this form only for source exports.
- Disassemble: This form should only be used by licensees authorized to disassemble sources.
- Multiple Types of Transactions: Use this form to report 2 or more different types of transactions at one time (for example: receipt of one source and transfer of another source).
If you have questions about which form you should use or how to complete the form, please call the NSTS help desk:
|Hours: ||Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET) |
|Phone: ||1-877-671-6787 |
|Email: ||NSTSHelp@nrc.gov |
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Tuesday, October 22, 2019