Reference Materials in the PDR
On this page:
General Reference Sources
- Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), Parts 1-199 (1948 to present)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NUREG-1145)/AEC Annual Reports (1947 to 1998)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Inspection Manual
- NRC Manual/Management Directives (NRC administrative policies and procedures)
- Federal Register notices relating to the NRC (June 1977 to present)
- Nuclear Regulatory Legislation (NUREG-0980; 1984 to present)
- NRC Commission Issuances (NUREG-0750; 1956 to present)
- Regulatory Agenda (NUREG-0936; 1982 to present)
- Media Monitor (clippings from news media and other printed sources concerning nuclear energy; 1975 to present)
- Press releases (1947 to present)
- Speeches (1955 to present)
The PDR offers current and retrospective indexes. These indexes include—
- PDR Accession List. The list was issued daily and announced documents that became available that day. Discontinued in November 1999.
- Title List of Documents Made Publicly Available (NUREG-0540). Discontinued after the October 1999 issue.
To facilitate the retrieval of older materials and documents on microfiche, the PDR staff maintains various indexes for certain portions of the collection. Retrospective indexes include—
- Chronological Sheets (available for Docket 50 materials only; from plant application to 1977; dates vary)
- Power Reactor Docket Information (PRDI) (available for Docket 50 materials only; 1967 to mid-1978)
- Fiche Index for Nuclear Dockets (FIND) (available for Docket 50 materials only; 1972 to 1977)
- Microfiche Index of Docket 50 Transcripts (1957 to November 1977)
- Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards (ACRS) Index (1957 to October 1992)
- Vendor Topical Report Index (March 1977 to April 1982)
- The Regulatory and Technical Reports (Abstract Index Journal) (NUREG-0304) compilation consists of bibliographic data and abstracts for formal NUREG-series reports issued by the NRC staff and NRC contractors. This report ceased publication with Vol. 24, No. 2.
Note: The PDR does not contain collections of such formally published materials as books, monographs, serials, periodicals, or general indexes that are usually available in a traditional library.