NRC Regulations list reporting requirements for notifying the NRC of emergency and non-emergency events involving NRC-licensed radioactive materials, commercial nuclear facilities, or materials licensed under the Agreement State Program:
Standards for Protection Against Radiation (10 CFR 20)
- 20.1906 Procedures for receiving and opening packages.
- 20.2201 Reports of theft or loss of licensed material.
- 20.2202 Notification of incidents.
- 20.2203 Reports of exposures, radiation levels, and concentrations of radioactive material exceeding the constraints or limits.
Reporting of Defects and Noncompliance (10 CFR 21)
Fitness for Duty Programs (10 CFR 26)
Domestic Licensing of Byproduct Material (10 CFR 30)
Medical Use of Byproduct Material (10 CFR 35)
- 35.3045 Report and notification of a medical event.
- 35.3047 Report and notification of a dose to an embryo/fetus or a nursing child.
Licenses and Radiation Safety Requirements for Irradiators (10 CFR 36)
Domestic Licensing of Source Material (10 CFR 40)
Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities (10 CFR 50)
- 50.72 Immediate notification requirements for operating nuclear power reactors.
- 50.73 Licensee event reporting system.
Domestic Licensing of Special Nuclear Material (10 CFR 70)
- 70.32(l) Conditions of licenses.
- 70.50 Reporting requirements.
- 70.52 Reports of accidental criticality or loss or theft or attempted theft of special nuclear material.
- 70.74 Additional reporting requirements
- (Appendix A - Reportable Safety Events)
Licensing Requirements for the Independent Storage of Spent Nuclear Fuel and High-Level Radioactive Waste (10 CFR 72)
- 72.74 Reports of accidental criticality or loss of special nuclear material.
- 72.75 Reporting requirements for specific events and condition.
Physical Protection of Plants and Materials (10 CFR 73)
Material Control and Accounting of Special Nuclear Material (10 CFR 74)
- 74.11 Reports of loss or theft or attempted theft or unauthorized production of special nuclear material.
- 74.57 Alarm resolution.
Certification of Gaseous Diffusion Plants (10 CFR 76)