§ 15.5 Claims that are covered.
(a) These procedures generally apply to any claim for payment of a debt which:
(1) Results from activities of the NRC, including fees imposed under part 170 and part 171; or
(2) Is referred to the NRC for collection.
(b) These procedures do not apply to:
(1) A claim based on a civil monetary penalty for violation of a licensing requirement unless § 2.205 of this chapter provides otherwise;
(2) A claim as to which there is an indication of fraud, the presentation of a false claim, or misrepresentation on the part of the debtor or any other party having an interest in the claim;
(3) A claim based in whole or in part on conduct in violation of the antitrust laws;
(4) A claim under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(5) A claim between Federal agencies. Federal agencies should attempt to resolve interagency claims as referenced in Executive Order 12146 (3 CFR, 1980 Comp., pp. 409-412).
(6) A claim once it becomes subject to salary offset under 5 U.S.C. 5514. These claims are subject to the provisions of 10 CFR part 16.
(7) A claim involving bankruptcy is covered by Title 11 of the United States Code.
[47 FR 7616, Feb. 22, 1982, as amended at 55 FR 32377, Aug. 9, 1990; 56 FR 51830, Oct. 16, 1991; 67 FR 30318, May 6, 2002]