W21 Safety Culture—Implementation of the Policy Statement, Perspectives on Recent Events, and Activities in Japan
This session will discuss the development of the Safety Culture Policy Statement (SCPS), which will include a brief review of previous Commission papers, outreach activities, and public comments. The session will include presentations from the Nuclear Energy Institute and the NRC that focus primarily on issues and concerns regarding the implementation of the SCPS at nuclear power plants.
The session will also offer an overview of recent activities and initiatives to continuously enhance the NRC’s own safety culture, as well as case study presentations to illustrate the applicability of many of the underlying principles in the SCPS to recent events in different industries. Finally, speakers will also review the effort to foster safety culture in the Japanese nuclear industry.
Andrew Campbell, Deputy Office Director, NRC/OE
- Andrew Campbell Deputy Office DirectorNRC/OE
- Diane Sieracki Senior Safety Culture Program ManagerConcerns Resolutions BranchNRC/OE
- Undine Shoop Branch ChiefDivision of Inspection and Regional SupportNRC/NRR
- Thomas Houghton DirectorSafety-Focused RegulationNuclear Energy Institute
- June Cai Senior Safety Culture Program ManagerNRC/OE
Catherine Thompson, NRC/OE, tel: (301) 415-3409, e-mail: Catherine.Thompson@nrc.gov
June Cai, NRC/OE, tel: (301) 415-5192, e-mail: June.Cai@nrc.gov