Locations of Uranium Recovery Facilities
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) currently regulates operating uranium recovery facilities in Wyoming, New Mexico, and Nebraska. However, the NRC does not directly regulate the active uranium recovery operations in Texas, Colorado, and Utah, as they are Agreement States, meaning that they have entered into strict agreements with the NRC to exercise regulatory authority over this type of material.
|Uranium Recovery Facility|
Licensed Uranium Recovery Facilities
The following table provides information on uranium recovery facilities that currently have licenses issued by the NRC. See Locations of Uranium Recovery Sites Undergoing Decommissioning for information on sites that are currently decommissioning, as well as sites under the U.S. Department of Energy's long-term general license.
|Site Name||Licensee||Location||Type of Facility|
|Crow Butte||Crow Butte Resources, Inc.||Chadron,
|In Situ Recovery (ISR)|
|Crownpoint||Hydro Resources, Inc.||Crownpoint, New Mexico||ISR|
|Dewey Burdock||Powertech Uranium Corporation||Fall River & Custer Counties, South Dakota||In Situ Recovery (ISR)|
|Lost Creek||Lost Creek ISR, LLC||Sweetwater County, WY||ISR|
|Moore Ranch||Uranium One Americas, Inc.||Campbell County, Wyoming||ISR|
|Nichols Ranch||Uranerz Energy Corporation||Campbell and Johnson Counties, Wyoming||ISR|
|Smith Ranch||Power Resources, Inc.||Douglas, Wyoming (Converse County)||ISR|
|Sweetwater||Kennecott Uranium Co.||Sweetwater County, Wyoming||Conventional Uranium Mill|
|Willow Creek||Uranium One U.S.A.||Johnson & Campbell Counties, Wyoming||ISR|
- License Applications for New Uranium Recovery Facilities, Expansions, Restarts, and Renewals
- Status of Uranium Recovery Facility Applications, Reviews, and Letters of Intent (Dataset) and related Data Dictionary (both in Microsoft Excel format)
- Locations of Uranium Recovery Sites Undergoing Decommissioning
- Outreach Strategy for Indian Tribes Potentially Affected by Uranium Recovery Sites
- Uranium Mill Tailings
- Public Involvement in Uranium Recovery
- Uranium Recovery Workshop: NRC staff from the Uranium Recovery Licensing Branch meet annually with the National Mining Association to exchange information. The workshop is attended by uranium recovery licensees, staff of State and Federal agencies, and the members of the public. For more information, see the presentation materials from the workshop on July 1–2, 2009.