TH31 Advanced Reactors: Technical Readiness Activities
A new generation of non-light-water reactors (non-LWRs) is being developed. This session will explore non-LWR research and development activities by providing an overview of U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and U.S. Department of Energy technical readiness activities and the status of the technology working groups industry has assembled for each of the primary technologies.
- Michael Case, Director, Division of Systems Analysis, RES/NRC tel: 301-415-2508, e-mail: Michael.Case@nrc.gov
Welcome RemarksMichael Case, Director, Division of Systems Analysis, RES/NRC
- Rita Baranwal, Director, Gateway for Accelerated Innovation in Nuclear, Idaho National Laboratory
- Jacob DeWitte, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Fast Reactor TWG, Oklo Inc.
- Farshid Shahrokhi, Chairman, HTGR Technology Working Group, Director, HTGR Technology, AREVA, Inc.
- Joe Kowalczyk, Nuclear Research Engineer, Southern Company
- Steve Bajorek, Senior Advisor Thermal Hydraulics, Division of Systems Analysis, RES/NRC
- Lucieann Vechioli, Project Manager, Safety Systems, Risk Assessment, and Advanced Reactors, NRO/NRC
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Monday, June 04, 2018