TH23 Seismic Safety: Risk Informed, Performance-Based Approaches
The NRC staff supports efforts to use risk informed, performance-based approaches in various areas of safety reviews, including seismic safety. This session will address the evolution of risk informed approaches to seismic safety, developments in this area by entities external to the NRC and by codes and standards organizations, the NRC’s use of these approaches and their current status, and research on a path forward and long term possibilities.
- Jose Pires, Senior Technical Advisor for Civil Structural Engineering, Division of Engineering, RES/NRC tel: 301-415-2156, e-mail: Jose.Pires@nrc.gov
- Jose Pires, Senior Technical Advisor for Civil Structural Engineering, Division of Engineering, RES/NRC
- Jim Xu, Senior Technical Advisor for Seismic and Structural Analysis, Division of Engineering, Infrastructure, and Advanced Reactors, NRO/NRC
- Gregory S. Hardy, Senior Principal, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc.
- Sanjeev ("Sanj") Malushte, Bechtel Fellow and Technology Manager, Bechtel Coroporation
- Andrew Whittaker, Professor and MCEER Director, University of Buffalo
- Thomas Weaver, Geotechnical Engineer, Division of Engineering, RES/NRC tel: 301-415-2883, e-mail: Thomas.Weaver@nrc.gov
Page Last Reviewed/Updated Friday, June 09, 2017