W14 Current Activities in International Research – Part 1
These two back-to-back sessions will focus on the latest developments in international nuclear safety research. Each panelist will have the opportunity to discuss their country’s or organization’s current activities, priorities, and visions for the future. Research activities have become ever more collaborative and international as the industry globalizes. These sessions will demonstrate just a few ways in which the NRC and its international counterparts will benefit from continuing and increasing their participation in international nuclear safety research activities.
Last year’s sessions were very well attended, and similar enthusiasm is expected this year. The two sessions will occur on Wednesday, March 12, 2014. Part 1 will run from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., and Part 2 will run from 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Introductory Remarks and Current Activities in NRC Safety Research
Steven West, Deputy Office Director, RES/NRC
- European Trends in Nuclear Safety Research
Jacques Repussard, Director General, Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire, France
- Post-Fukushima Safety Research in Japan
Masashi Hirano, Associate Vice-President, Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization, Japan,
- NEA Safety Research Opportunities and Plans to Enhance Safety Worldwide
Javier Reig, Director, Nuclear Safety, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (OECD/NEA)
- Lisa-Anne Culp, International Relations Specialist, RES/NRC, tel: 301-251-7672, e-mail: Lisa.Culp@nrc.gov