

(3)

Giessner, John

From: Yerokun, Jimi - RES
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:40 PM
To: Lara, Julio; Guzman, Richard; Barr, Jonathan; Schaperow, Jason
Cc: ~~RIII~~ Giessner, John
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

RII/RES

Thanks Julio. Before we think about deferring, we'd rather see what other efforts we can muster. Thus, I am still requesting a slot at the RIII counterpart meeting in Dec. 7-9 to discuss SOARCA. Please let us know when, if not the 8th you can get us on your meeting schedule. I'll plan to put another team together to come to RIII.

Jimi T. Yerokun

Ps...by then, Jack Giessner will be an expert in SOARCA anyway, so maybe he can do it (just kidding!)

From: Lara, Julio
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:19 AM
To: Yerokun, Jimi; Guzman, Richard; Barr, Jonathan; Schaperow, Jason
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

Release

Although December 8 might work for Region III, the date is not yet available. The Chairman will be in Region III but has not firmed up which date he will be at the office. Hence, I cannot be certain that 12/8 will be open for a SOARCA presentation. I understand the limitations for you in terms of availability and commitments to other Regions. Therefore, we may have defer the RIII option and revisit as we get closer.

julio

From: Yerokun, Jimi
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:06 PM
To: Guzman, Richard; Barr, Jonathan; Lara, Julio; Schaperow, Jason
Cc: Chang, Richard; Valentin, Andrea
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

RII/RES

I'd like suggestions from anyone regarding what we can do. Our objective was to ensure the regional staffs are well aware of the SOARCA results, conclusions etc before we release the SOARCA documents for public review and comment in January. The SOARCA Steering Committee (Cyndi is the Regional Rep.) rightfully suggested that attending the regional counterpart meetings to discuss SOARCA is a great way to achieve this objective. Unfortunately Regions I, II and III have their meetings at the same time. We are booked for RII on the 7th and RI on the 9th of December. Since we have the same crew of staffs making the presentations, Atlanta, King of Prussia and Chicago in three days is not possible. Well?

Jimi T. Yerokun

From: Guzman, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:28 PM
To: Yerokun, Jimi
Cc: Barr, Jonathan; Lara, Julio
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

NRR

Release

Hi Jimi,

Please confirm that you are no longer requesting an agenda slot for you SOARCA presentation at the Region III Counterpart meeting (Dec 7-9), in light of the scheduling conflict with RI and RII meetings. Julio Lara is on Cc:, and is the POC for coordinating the RIII Counterpart Meeting. Please let us know when you come up with an alternative plan for briefing RIII.

Thanks,
Rich

From: Guzman, Richard
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 2:23 PM
To: Lara, Julio
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

NRR

Thanks Julio. Please note that the Region I and II Counterpart meetings are also scheduled for those days. We'll need to come up with a proposed plan to coordinate all three agendas with adequate schedule spacing to accommodate for the group. That is, the same SOARCA people will be involved in the briefings, so for example, going to RI & RIII might be best if they can do one presentation on the 7th and the other on the 9th. I'll check w/the RES folks, and find out how they'd like to best handle this. Will get back to you.

Rich

Release

From: Lara, Julio
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 1:25 PM
To: Guzman, Richard
Subject: RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

Release

Dates are: Dec 7-9. I will take a look to see if we can get it scheduled.

From: Guzman, Richard
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:27 PM
To: Thorpe-Kavanaugh, Meghan; Lara, Julio
Subject: FW: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

NRR

Meghan – thanks for your assistance on this. I really appreciate the help and quick turn-around.

Hi Julio - I am assisting RES as the NRR POC for the State-of-the Art Consequence Analysis (SOARCA) project. They would like to give a briefing on SOARCA at each region's Inspector Counterpart Meeting this November/December. Cyndi Pederson, the project's steering committee member for the Regions, as well as the team feel this would be a great way to give regional staff some background on the project before the draft NUREG is released to the public for review and comment in January 2011.

Can you tell me the dates of the upcoming meeting at RIII, and let me know what information you need from RES to help get them a 30-60 min time slot on the agenda? I've attached the meeting information form which was requested by Region I, just as a starting point.

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Guzman
Sr. Project Manager
NRR/DORL
US NRC
301-415-1030

Release

From: ORourke, Christine
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 8:00 AM
To: Hawkins, Justin
Cc: Perry, Neil; Guzman, Richard; Dentel, Glenn
Subject: RE: SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Justin, Unfortunately, no. No two regions conduct seminar (counterpart meetings) the same way. I would suggest Mr. Barr contact DRP or DRS in each region to determine whom he should be coordinating with. I'll take care of getting the request to our committee.

Chris

Chris M. O'Rourke
HR Specialist
USNRC-Region I
610-337-5386
610-337-5180 (fax)
Christine.orourke@nrc.gov

From: Hawkins, Justin
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 6:29 AM
To: ORourke, Christine
Cc: Perry, Neil; Guzman, Richard; Dentel, Glenn
Subject: RE: SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Chris,

Attached is the completed seminar agenda request form. The HQ contact info is below and is also included on the request form.

Jonathan Barr, RES, 301-251-7538, jonathan.barr@nrc.gov

HQ is looking to get this presentation included in all four of the regional counterpart seminars. Do you have seminar committee contacts (someone like you) for each regional office that we could send this information on to?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
Justin Hawkins
X6954

From: ORourke, Christine
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:43 AM
To: Perry, Neil; Hawkins, Justin
Subject: SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Neil/Justin:

The request form is attached. The top portion (grey highlighted) should be completed by you. Send the completed form to me. Please make sure you include the name, e-mail address and phone number of the HQ

contact. Once I receive the form, if I need further info I'll contact you or the HQ person. Assuming I have everything we need for initial discussion, the request will be give to the agenda committee once it is formed.

Chris

Chris M. O'Rourke
HR Specialist
USNRC-Region I
610-337-5386
610-337-5180 (fax)
Christine.orourke@nrc.gov
