

**From:** Guzman, Richard -NRK  
**To:** Yerokun, Jimi  
**Cc:** Barr, Jonathan; Lara, Julio  
**Subject:** RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings  
**Date:** Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:27:00 PM

---

Hi Jimi,

Please confirm that you are no longer requesting an agenda slot for you SOARCA presentation at the Region III Counterpart meeting (Dec 7-9), in light of the scheduling conflict with RI and RII meetings. Julio Lara is on Cc:, and is the POC for coordinating the RIII Counterpart Meeting. Please let us know when you come up with an alternative plan for briefing RIII.

Thanks,  
Rich

---

**From:** Guzman, Richard  
**Sent:** Friday, September 17, 2010 2:23 PM  
**To:** Lara, Julio  
**Subject:** RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

Thanks Julio. Please note that the Region I and II Counterpart meetings are also scheduled for those days. We'll need to come up with a proposed plan to coordinate all three agendas with adequate schedule spacing to accommodate for the group. That is, the same SOARCA people will be involved in the briefings, so for example, going to RI & RIII might be best if they can do one presentation on the 7<sup>th</sup> and the other on the 9<sup>th</sup>. I'll check w/the RES folks, and find out how they'd like to best handle this. Will get back to you.

Rich

---

**From:** Lara, Julio  
**Sent:** Friday, September 17, 2010 1:25 PM  
**To:** Guzman, Richard  
**Subject:** RE: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

Dates are: Dec 7-9. I will take a look to see if we can get it scheduled.

---

**From:** Guzman, Richard  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:27 PM  
**To:** Thorpe-Kavanaugh, Meghan; Lara, Julio  
**Subject:** FW: SOARCA Briefing at Inspector Counterpart Meetings

Meghan – thanks for your assistance on this. I really appreciate the help and quick turn-around.

Hi Julio - I am assisting RES as the NRR POC for the State-of-the Art Consequence Analysis (SOARCA) project. They would like to give a briefing on SOARCA at each

M/107

region's Inspector Counterpart Meeting this November/December. Cyndi Pederson, the project's steering committee member for the Regions, as well as the team feel this would be a great way to give regional staff some background on the project before the draft NUREG is released to the public for review and comment in January 2011.

Can you tell me the dates of the upcoming meeting at RIII, and let me know what information you need from RES to help get them a 30-60 min time slot on the agenda? I've attached the meeting information form which was requested by Region I, just as a starting point.

Thanks,  
Rich

**Rich Guzman**  
**Sr. Project Manager**  
**NRR/DORL**  
**US NRC**  
**301-415-1030**

---

**From:** ORourke, Christine  
**Sent:** Monday, August 30, 2010 8:00 AM  
**To:** Hawkins, Justin  
**Cc:** Perry, Neil; Guzman, Richard; Dentel, Glenn  
**Subject:** RE: SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Justin, Unfortunately, no. No two regions conduct seminar (counterpart meetings) the same way. I would suggest Mr. Barr contact DRP or DRS in each region to determine whom he should be coordinating with. I'll take care of getting the request to our committee.

Chris

*Chris M. O'Rourke*  
*HR Specialist*  
*USNRC-Region I*  
*610-337-5386*  
*610-337-5180 (fax)*  
*[Christine.orourke@nrc.gov](mailto:Christine.orourke@nrc.gov)*

**From:** Hawkins, Justin  
**Sent:** Monday, August 30, 2010 6:29 AM  
**To:** ORourke, Christine  
**Cc:** Perry, Neil; Guzman, Richard; Dentel, Glenn  
**Subject:** RE: SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Chris,

Attached is the completed seminar agenda request form. The HQ contact info is below

and is also included on the request form.

**Jonathan Barr, RES, 301-251-7538, [jonathan.barr@nrc.gov](mailto:jonathan.barr@nrc.gov)**

HQ is looking to get this presentation included in all four of the regional counterpart seminars. Do you have seminar committee contacts (someone like you) for each regional office that we could send this information on to?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,  
Justin Hawkins  
X6954

**From:** ORourke, Christine  
**Sent:** Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:43 AM  
**To:** Perry, Neil; Hawkins, Justin  
**Subject:** SEMINAR AGENDA REQUEST

Neil/Justin:

The request form is attached. The top portion (grey highlighted) should be completed by you. Send the completed form to me. Please make sure you include the name, e-mail address and phone number of the HQ contact. Once I receive the form, if I need further info I'll contact you or the HQ person. Assuming I have everything we need for initial discussion, the request will be give to the agenda committee once it is formed.

Chris

*Chris M. O'Rourke*  
*HR Specialist*  
*USNRC-Region I*  
*610-337-5386*  
*610-337-5180 (fax)*  
*[Christine.orourke@nrc.gov](mailto:Christine.orourke@nrc.gov)*