Recent Rule Changes Affecting Part 110--Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material
The Commission periodically revises Part 110 through rulemaking. Recent Part 110 rulemakings or other actions that affect the licensing provisions governing exports and imports under NRC jurisdiction include:
Branch Technical Position on the Import of Non-U.S. Origin Radioactive Sources published August 28, 2013 (78 FR 53020).
Final Rule, Addition of South Sudan to the Restricted Destinations List (RIN 3150-AJ21) published February 6, 2013 (78 FR 8360).
Final Rule, Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material; Export of International Atomic Energy Agency Safeguards Samples (RIN 3150-AJ04) published May 9, 2012 (77 FR 27113).
Final Rule, Removal of Oman from the Restricted Destinations List (RIN-3150-AJ06) published February 27, 2012 (77 FRN 11384).
Notice, Prohibiting Exports Involving Libya By Executive Order, March 23, 2011 (76 FR 16459). For the latest guidance on Executive Order (E.O.) 13566, please visit the web site for the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of Treasury. For transactions not prohibited by OFAC, exports pursuant to an NRC general license in 10 CFR Part 110 to Libya are authorized subject to the terms of OFAC General Licenses 8a and 11.
The OFAC General Licenses 8a and 11 authorize most transactions that were prohibited by E.O. 13566; however, some transactions continue to be prohibited.
Final Rule, Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material; Updates and Clarifications (RIN-2150-AI16) published July 28, 2010 (75 FR 44072) and effective August 27, 2010. (Additional Information – 10 CFR Part 110 Update)
Proposed Rule, Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material; Updates and Clarifications (RIN 3150-AI16) published June 23, 2009 (74 FR 29614).
Other Part 110 Rule Changes
- Regulatory Changes to Implement the Additional Protocol to the US/IAEA Safeguards Agreement; Final Rule (RIN 3150-AH38) published December 23, 2008 (International Safeguards)
- Requirements for Expanded Definition of Byproduct Material; Final Rule (RIN 3150-AH84) published October 1, 2007 and effective on November 30, 2007
- Implementation of the Nuclear Export and Import Provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (RIN 3150-AH-88) published April 20, 2006 and effective August 7, 2006
- Export and Import of Radioactive Materials: Security Policies; Final Rule (RIN 3150-AH44) published July 1, 2005 and effective on December 28, 2005 (Appendix P)
- Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material; Exports to Libya Restricted (RIN 3150-AI02) published on January 12, 2007
- Revision of NRC Form 7, Application for NRC Export/Import License, Amendment, or Renewal (RIN 3150-AH89) published April 13, 2006 and effective June 27, 2006
- Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material: Nuclear Grade Graphite published and effective on July 21, 2005
- Export and Import of Nuclear Equipment and Material; Exports to Syria Embargoed (RIN 3150-AH67) published and effective on May 25, 2005