ISMP Benefits of Integration
The Integrated Source Management Portfolio (ISMP) provides the following benefits to support the Radioactive Material Security Program and related radioactive materials licensing and tracking activities of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC):
- Make national radioactive source authorization, possession, and transaction information available to other government agencies with a role in protecting the Nation from nuclear and radiological threats.
- Provide licensees with a secure automated means to verify license information and possession authorization prior to initiating radioactive material transfers.
- Enable the NRC to monitor the location, possession, transfer and disposal of high-risk radioactive sources throughout the Nation.
- Improve source accountability, and alert regulators to tracking discrepancies.
- Modernize the NRC’s licensing and inspection management systems.