Information Digest, 2012–2013 (NUREG-1350, Volume 24)On this page:
Download complete document
- NUREG-1350, Volume 24 (ML12241A166)
(PDF - 12.46 MB)
Corrections/Updates as of 10/22/2012 (PDF - 149.15 KB)
- Section 1: NRC: An Independent Regulatory Agency (PDF - 6.19 MB)
- Section 2: U.S. and Worldwide Nuclear Energy (PDF - 3.42 MB)
- Section 3: Nuclear Reactors (PDF - 5.44 MB)
- Section 4: Nuclear Materials (PDF - 4.61 MB)
- Section 5: Radioactive Waste (PDF - 3.89 MB)
- Section 6: Security and Emergency Preparedness (PDF - 7.54 MB)
- Section 7: Appendices; Glossary (Abbreviations and Terms Defined) - 3.40 MB)
- Section 8: Web Link Index (PDF - 1.17 MB)
- NRC Facts at a Glance (PDF - 2.08 MB)
- Appendix A: U.S. Commercial Nuclear Power Reactors | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix B: U.S. Commercial Nuclear Power Reactors Formerly Licensed to Operate (Permanently Shutdown) | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix C: Canceled U.S. Commercial Nuclear Power Reactors | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix I: U.S. Nuclear Research and Test Reactors (Operating) Regulated by the NRC | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix J: U.S. Nuclear Research and Test Reactors Under Decommissioning Regulated by the NRC | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix N: Dry Spent Fuel Storage Designs: NRC-Approved for Use by General Licensees | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix O: Dry Spent Fuel Storage Licensees | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
- Appendix U: Native American Reservations or Trust Land Within 50-Mile Radius of a Nuclear Power Plant | Data Dictionary (Microsoft Excel)
Graphics | PDF | Digest Video
Manuscript Completed: July 2012
Date Published: August 2012
Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) 2012–2013 Information Digest provides a summary of information about the NRC and the industries it regulates. It describes the agency’s regulatory responsibilities and licensing activities, and provides general information on nuclear-related topics. It is updated annually.
The Information Digest includes NRC and industry data in a quick-reference format for activities through 2011 or most recent current data available at manuscript completion. InfoGraphics have been incorporated to help provide a visual representation of information expanding the agency’s efforts to be more transparent and broaden its public outreach. The Web Link Index provides Web addresses for more information on major topics. The Digest also includes a tear-out reference sheet the NRC Facts at a Glance.
The NRC reviewed information from industry and international sources but did not perform an independent verification. This edition contains adjustments to preliminary figures from the previous year. All information is final unless otherwise noted.
The NRC is the source for all photographs, graphics, and tables unless otherwise noted.
TThe agency welcomes comments or suggestions on the Information Digest. Please contact the Office of Public Affairs, by mail at U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by e-mail at OPA.Resource@nrc.gov or post comments on the NRC Blog at http://public-blog.nrc-gateway.gov/.