Resolution of Generic Safety Issues: Item B-28: Radionuclide/Sediment Transport Program ( NUREG-0933, Main Report with Supplements 1–34 )
As a result of Appendix I and the Liquid Pathway Generic Study, the staff has had to take a more realistic look at the effects of sediment (surface waters) and aquifer materials (groundwater) on radionuclide transport through the hydrosphere. To accomplish this objective, it is necessary that the staff have available for its use radionuclide/sediment transport models that have been field-verified. This NUREG-04713 task will accomplish this objective through model development and verification in the five following areas:
(1) Radionuclide/Sediment Transport Model (Non-Tidal Rivers)
(2) Radionuclide/Sediment Transport Model (Tidal Rivers, Estuaries, Oceans, and Large Lakes)
(3) Unified Transport Model Utilization
(4) Development of Design Curves for Parameters Needed in Models of Radionuclide Transport in Groundwater Systems
(5) Three-Dimensional Multiaquifer Radionuclide Transport Model.