Your Rights Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (NUREG/BR-0457)
On this page:
Download complete document
This page includes links to files in non-HTML format. See Plugins, Viewers, and Other Tools for more information.
Date Published: September 2009
Office of Small Business and Civil Rights
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, DC 20555-0001
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is the Federal law that protects individuals from discrimination on the basis of their race, color, or national origin in programs that receive Federal financial assistance. Toward that end, this brochure answers the following related questions:
- What programs are covered by Title VI?
- What discrimination is prohibited by Title VI?
- How can I file a discrimination complaint?
- What will the Federal agency do with my complaint?
- What is the Department of Justice's role?
- What if the recipient retaliates against me for asserting my rights or filing a complaint?