§ 110.89 Filing and service.
(a) Hearing requests, intervention
petitions, answers, replies and
accompanying documents must be filed
with the Commission by delivery or by
mail to the Secretary, U.S. Nuclear
Regulatory Commission, Washington,
DC 20555–0001, Attention: Rulemakings
and Adjudications Staff or via the EFiling
system, following the procedure
set forth in 10 CFR 2.302. Filing by mail
is complete upon deposit in the mail.
Filing via the E-Filing system is
completed by following the
requirements described in 10 CFR 2.302(d).
(b) All filing and Commission notices and orders must be served upon the applicant; the General Counsel, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555; the Executive Secretary, Department of State, Washington, DC 20520; and participants if any. Hearing requests, intervention petitions, and answers and replies must be served by the person filing those pleadings.
(c) Service is completed by:
(1) Delivering the paper to the person;
or leaving it in his office with someone
in charge; or, if there is no one in
charge, leaving it in a conspicuous place
in the office; or, if he has no office or
it is closed, leaving it at his usual place
of residence with some occupant of suitable age and discretion;
(2) Following the requirements for E-Filing in 10 CFR 2.305;
(3) Depositing it in the United States
mail, express mail, or expedited
delivery service, properly stamped and
(4) Any other manner authorized by law, when service cannot be made as provided in paragraphs (c)(1) through (3) of this section.
(d) Proof of service, stating the name and address of the person served and the manner and date of service, shall be shown, and may be made by:
(1) Written acknowledgment of the person served or an authorized representative;
(2) The certificate or affidavit of the person making the service; or
(3) Following the requirements for E-Filing in 10 CFR 2.305.
(e) The Commission may make special provisions for service when circumstances warrant.
[43 FR 21641, May 19, 1978, as amended at 49 FR 47203, Dec. 3, 1984; 51 FR 35999, Oct. 8, 1986; 62 FR 27495, May 20, 1997; 72 FR 49154, Aug. 28, 2007]