§ 110.82 Hearing request or intervention petition.
(a) A person may request a hearing or petition for leave to intervene on a license application for an import or export requiring a specific license.
(b) Hearing requests and intervention petitions must:
(1) State the name, address and telephone number of the requestor or petitioner;
(2) Set forth the issues sought to be raised;
(3) Explain why a hearing or an intervention would be in the public interest and how a hearing or intervention would assist the Commission in making the determinations required by § 110.45.
(4) Specify, when a person asserts that his interest may be affected, both the facts pertaining to his interest and how it may be affected, with particular reference to the factors in § 110.84.
(c) Hearing requests and intervention petitions will be considered timely only if filed not later than:
(1) 30 days after notice of receipt in the Federal Register, for those applications published in the Federal Register;
(2) 30 days after publication of notice on the NRC Web site at http://www.nrc.gov;
(3) 30 days after notice of receipt in the Public Document Room; or
(4) Such other time as may be provided by the Commission.
[43 FR 21641, May 19, 1978, as amended at 49 FR 47202, Dec. 3, 1984; 60 FR 37565, July 21, 1995; 60 FR 55183, Oct. 30, 1995; 65 FR 70291, Nov. 22, 2000; 75 FR 44093, Jul. 28, 2010]