§ 32.16 Certain items containing byproduct material: Records and reports of transfer.
(a) Each person licensed under § 32.14 shall maintain records of all transfers of byproduct material and file a report with the Director of the Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs by an appropriate method listed in § 30.6(a) of this chapter, including in the address: ATTN: Document Control Desk/Exempt Distribution.
(1) The report must clearly identify the specific licensee submitting the report and include the license number of the specific licensee.
(2) The report must indicate that the products are transferred for use under § 30.15 of this chapter, giving the specific paragraph designation, or equivalent regulations of an Agreement State.
(b) The report must include the following information on products transferred to other persons for use under § 30.15 or equivalent regulations of an Agreement State:
(1) A description or identification of the type of each product and the model number(s), if applicable;
(2) For each radionuclide in each type of product and each model number, if applicable, the total quantity of the radionuclide; and
(3) The number of units of each type of product transferred during the reporting period by model number, if applicable.
(c)(1) The licensee shall file the report, covering the preceding calendar year, on or before January 31 of each year. In its first report after December 17, 2007, the licensee shall separately include data for transfers in prior years not previously reported to the Commission.
(2) Licensees who permanently discontinue activities authorized by the license issued under § 32.14 shall file a report for the current calendar year within 30 days after ceasing distribution.
(d) If no transfers of byproduct material have been made under § 32.14 during the reporting period, the report must so indicate.
(e) The licensee shall maintain the record of a transfer for one year after the transfer is included in a report to the Commission.
[48 FR 12333, Mar. 24, 1983; 48 FR 23383, May 25, 1983; 68 FR 58804, Oct. 10, 2003; 72 FR 58487, Oct. 16, 2007; 73 FR 5719, Jan. 31, 2008; 73 FR 42673, Jul. 23, 2008]