Important Information for Meeting Attendees
The NRC provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in a meeting or need a meeting notice or the transcript or other information from a meeting in another format (e.g. braille, large print), please notify the NRC's meeting contact. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
If you plan to attend the meeting--
- Notify the meeting contact--
- To ensure that seating is available for all who attend, otherwise seating may be limited and will be available on a first-come basis, and
- To ensure that sufficient copies of meeting materials are available.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to allow time for security registration.
Meetings are sometimes canceled or rescheduled as a result of unforeseen circumstances. Confirm the meeting date, time, and schedule.
The NRC's revised open meeting policy introduces a categorization system that designates the level of public participation for each staff meeting.
- Category 1: The public is invited to observe these meetings and will have one or more opportunities to communicate with the NRC after the business portions, but before the meetings are adjourned.
- Category 2: The public is invited to participate in these meetings by discussing regulatory issues with the NRC at designated points identified on the agendas.
- Category 3: The public is invited to participate in these meetings by providing comments and asking questions throughout.
If you experience difficulty accessing documents related to a meeting, call the appropriate NRC Meeting Contact at the phone number listed or contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) Staff.
For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions About Public Meetings.