The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has a long-standing practice of conducting its regulatory responsibilities in an open and transparent manner, consistent with The NRC Approach to Open Government. In that way, the NRC keeps the public informed of the agency's regulatory, licensing, and oversight activities.
|Transparency promotes accountability by providing the public with information about what the Government is doing.
For additional detail, see the following topics on this page:
- Key Web Pages Describing the NRC's Information Dissemination Channels
- Information About the NRC and How it Conducts its Regulatory Activities
- Organizational Transparency and Accessibility
- NRC Transparency in Federal e-Government Web Sites
For an assessment of our success in this area, please see our latest Online Transparency Benchmark Report, available in Microsoft Excel format. This benchmark average report, prepared by ForeSee Results, reflects the feedback provided by our public site visitors through optional online surveys using the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) methodology.
Key Web Pages Describing the NRC's Information Dissemination Channels
For access to the NRC's vast array of information dissemination channels, see the following pages available on this site.
- NRC Blog
- NRC Flickr Gallery
- NRC Twitter Feed
- NRC YouTube Channel
- NRC RSS Feed
- NRC Library
- Information Digest, 2009–2010
- Citizen's Guide to NRC Information
- Key External Audience Needs for NRC High-Value Datasets
- Index to All Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Pages
- Facility Locator
- Meeting Archives
- Subscribe to E-mail Notices
- Operating Reactor Correspondence
- Public Document Room
- Congressional Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Media Resources
Information About the NRC and How it Conducts its Regulatory Activities
In addition to the NRC's Information Dissemination Channels, the following pages contribute to the NRC's transparency. These pages provide a wealth of information to broaden the public's understanding of the NRC's mission, goals, and performance, as well as access to tools and information that help licensees and private entities to do business with the agency.
- About NRC
- Plans, Budget, and Performance
- Strategic Plan (NUREG-1614)
- Information Technology/Information Management Strategic Plan (NUREG-1908)
- Congressional Budget Justification (NUREG-1100 and Press Briefing Slides)
- Performance and Accountability Report (NUREG-1542)
- Summary of Performance and Financial Information (NUREG-1542, Supp. 1)
- Executive Fleet Performance Report
- Conference Expense Waivers and Reports
- Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan
- Climate Change Adaptation Policy Statement
- NRC's Data Center Consolidation Plan
- NRC's Web Improvement Plan
- NRC's Customer Service Plan
- Plan for Retrospective Analysis of Existing Rules
- 2011 Hiring Reform Action Plan
- Inspector General Reports
- Government Accountability Office Audits
- How We Regulate
- Nuclear Reactors
- Nuclear Materials
- Radioactive Waste
- Nuclear Security
- Adjudications (Hearings)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs
- Freedom of Information Act Requests and Privacy Act Requests
- Records Management
- NRC Ethics
- Information Quality Guidelines
- Digital Government Strategy at the NRC
- Plain Writing at the NRC
- Contracting Opportunities
Organizational Transparency and Accessibility
The NRC promotes organizational transparency and accessibility through the following pages available on this site.
- Sunshine Week Initiative: Your Right to Know
- NRC Contacts for Open Government
- Other Useful NRC Contacts
- NRC Employee Telephone Directory
- The Commission
- Commission Meeting Schedule
- Chairman Burns' Speeches and Testimony
- Commission Direction-Setting and Policymaking Activities
- Our Organization (with links to functional descriptions)
- NRC Organization Chart
- Index of All Contact Pages
NRC Transparency in Federal e-Government Web Sites
The following links to non-NRC servers and websites are provided solely as a reference for the convenience of users. NRC cannot guarantee the authenticity of documents or the validity of information obtained at these non-NRC websites. See our Site Disclaimer for more information.
The NRC promotes Government-wide transparency by supporting the following Federal initiatives (among others):
- Regulations.gov — Select Advanced Search, and select NRC-NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION from the list of agencies.
- USASpending.gov — Enter Nuclear Regulatory Commission in the Search field, and use the checkboxes on the NRC page to focus the results by type of spending (Contracts, Grants, Other), Recipient, Fiscal Year, and other factors of interest.
- Federal IT Dashboard — Enter Nuclear Regulatory Commission in the Search field.
- Recovery Act
- Grants.gov — Under Find Grant Opportunities, select Browse by Agency, and select Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Federal Research-in-Progress Database (FEDRIP)