TH31 Current Reactor Oversight Process Issues of Interest to the Public, Staff, and Industry
The Reactor Oversight Process(ROP) evaluates the overall safety performance of operating nuclear power reactors and communicates this information to licensee management, members of the public, and other stakeholders. Over the last year, a number of adjustments to the ROP have been considered. This session will review ROP initiatives and discuss potential areas for improvement.
John W. Lubinski, NRC
- Implementation Plan for Reintegrating the Security Cornerstone into the ROP Assessment Program
Rani Franovich, Branch Chief, Division of Inspection and Regional Support, NRC/NRR
- Industry Perspective of the Security Cornerstone Reintegration Christopher Earls, Director, Safety-Focused Regulation, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Public Radiation Safety Cornerstone Enhancements
Ralph Andersen, Sr. Director, Radiation Safety & Environmental Protection, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Forget Waldo, Where's Goldilocks?
David Lochbaum, Director, Nuclear Safety Project, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Operator Performance and Requalification
Joel Munday, Director, Division of Reactor Safety, NRC/Region II
- Improving Operator Performance
Michael Llewellyn, Accreditation Team Manager, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations
Michael Balazik, Reactor Operations Engineer, Division of Inspection and Regional Support, NRC/NRR, tel: 301-415-2856, e-mail: Michael.Balazik@nrc.gov